Different Types of Curling IronsWith the increasing demand of curling irons, most brands have started manufacturing it and the industry is leading towards innovation. You will find a number of curling irons in the market. Some have different shape; on the other hand, some have different functionality.You cannot go wrong with your choice of curling iron as it can ruin the quality of your hair. Here are some curling irons described in detail.
1. Clip-less wand curling ironThere was a time when clip-less curling irons were considered as old-fashioned, but due to some improvements, women are again buying the irons which have clipless wands. The reason why ladies prefer this iron type is the comfort-ability and ease of curling hair.There is no clip that means there are no chances of hair getting stuck. If you are looking for something that is easy to use, then this type of curling iron can be a great choice for you.You can go with the clip-less wands that are made up of Nano-ceramic, Tourmaline Ceramic, and Pearl Ceramic material.
What type of curls can be achieved using this?If you want curls that are loose and bouncy, then you should use clip-less curling wand iron. There are a number of curl types that can be done using this simple looking hair iron.Pros:
- No hassles of putting the hair into clip
- Less chances of hair damages
- Not suitable for beginners as they can burn their hand
- Not a great choice for tight curls
2. Clipped wand curling ironYou might have seen this iron into the salons and into many homes, because this is used at a wide scale. These curling irons come attached with a hair clamp that promises to hold the hair at a place for best curling experience.Again, this product is easy to use and can be used by the beginners also. The major benefit you will get with clipped curling irons is the ability to curl your hair. Unlike clip-less ones, there are less chances of curling the hair again and again to achieve the perfect curls. Within one or two sues, you can get your hair curled.
What type of curls can be achieved using this?For the ladies who are seeking for tight curls, this product is the best. It holds the hair at a place and rewards the woman with tight and smaller curls.Pros:
- Get polished and shinier curls
- Easy to curl hair
- Your hair can get stuck into the clamp
- Higher chances of wand damage due to faulty clamp
3. Iron with a conical wandCurling irons are not only cylindrical but also they have different shaped wands. In conical iron, you will see a wand that exactly looks like a cone; narrow at the top and denser at the bottom.Some brands have started manufacturing conical irons that are denser at the top and narrower at the bottom.
What type of curls can be achieved using this?Conical irons are best for those who want curls that are light and bouncier. Also the size of curls achieved by these curling irons is of different size. You can get curls that are thicker on the upside and smaller at the downside. Also you can get shorter curls upside and thicker curls downside by using a conical iron.Pros:
- You can get curls of different size based on the requirement
- Easy to use
- These irons are exorbitant.
4. Spiral ironSpiral irons have a spiral shaped texture on the wand. You can easily identify this type of iron due to its unique shape and huge spiral. There are many options available in spiral irons as the size of spiral is different.This iron is perfect for the women who have thicker hair, because they can tuck their hair into the spirals by avoiding complexities.
What type of curls can be achieved using this?Spiral iron can deliver you with the curls that were trending in the era of Old Hollywood. Due to the spiral shape, you will get great curls that are shaped like S-pattern. It is easy to create curls of different sizes using spiral iron. Pros:
- Getting perfect curls is easier with spiral iron
- Different size of hair curls can be done
- Higher chances of hair heating
5. Waving ironWaving iron looks the most fanciest and is most probably meant for salon purposes. This type of iron can have more than one barrel to achieve the waves and curls simultaneously. A person can use waving iron for getting different types of curls.Either you can get loose curls, or you can get a combination of loose and tight curls using the two barrels.What type of curls can be achieved using this?Waving iron is a great choice for women with longer hair. With the help of a curling iron, you can get curls that have a great finish and can hold their position all day long.Pros:
- Dual or triple barrels for better curls
- Multiple hairstyles can be done using waving iron.
- Waving irons are expensive
- It is hard to use a waving iron
6. Iron with a tapered wandTapered iron may look like a conical one, but it is completely different. It is considered that the tapered hair irons are very versatile and are more effective than other hair irons. The barrel of tapered iron can be used to make curls of all sizes and length options.
What type of curls can be achieved using this?You can make any type of curls using this hair iron. The barrel is very versatile and can deliver you with the functionality to curl the hair easily and effectively. Make sure that you are covering the entire barrel to get the best curls.Pros:
- Can work on all hair types
- Easy to use
- It is a bit pricey
7. Marcel Curling IronMarcel curling iron is preferred among the individuals and professionals who love to curl their hair as per their choice. The barrel of the Marcel iron is attached to a shell which makes curling an easy task. You can rotate the shaft of this iron in any direction and it will help you in getting the desired shaped curls without any hassles.What type of curls can be achieved using this?With the help of a Marcel curler, you can get almost every type of curls. It is completely up to you in which direction you are rotating the shaft. Your hair will get curled as per your wish within a couple of minutes.Pros:
- Great for getting all types of curls.
- Easy to use
- The iron contains a part made up of spring, which can damage the hair.
8. Bubble wandBubble wand curling iron is one of the newest and latest additions to the curler industry. You will encounter that this iron has a unique shape. The wand looks like bubbles due to the structure it has.What type of curls can be achieved using this?This curler is a good choice for the individuals who are looking for something that can award them with wavy and bouncy hair. Due to the bubble structure, you will get neat and clean creases that define the curl shape of your hair.Pros:
- Can be used by the beginners
- Clean creases in the hair
- Works on high temperature which can damage the hair
Some tips to keep in mind when using curling ironsCurling irons work on the phenomenon of heat. They heat your hair for giving them the curled shape. Keep in mind these tips before you start curling your hair using with an iron.
Use a heat protectorUsing a heat protector will protect your hair from the heat up to some extent. Also, you can terminate the damage caused by hair curler by using a heat protector. You can buy a spray or mist heat protector that is easy to spread on the hair and can help you in curling your hair for a longer time.
Don’t iron your hair for too longNever iron your hair for a longer period of time. Hair is made up of keratin which can get easily burnt if you expose them to a source of heat. Take small gaps in your curling process and re-apply the hair protector, if needed.
Prevent your hands from getting burnedAnother thing you should keep on mind is protecting your hands from the tong of iron. The curlers can get extremely hot and can cause a lot of damage if your hands get touched to them. Wear something on your hands like a glove or something to avoid direct contact with the wand.
ConclusionHere in this article, we have described all types of hair curlers. From the basic ones to the complex ones, each of them is described in brief along with the pros and cons of using them.Before shopping for a curler, consider consulting your salon expert to determine your hair type and what type of curls will compliment your personality.
What to Read Next:
- Best Flat Irons 2023 – Top 10 Best Hair Straighteners Roundup
- Curling wand VS Curling iron – Which one you should buy?
- Best Curling Iron and Wand in 2023 – Recommended Reviews and Guide
- Different Types of Curling Irons – What type of curls can be achieved
- Using Curling Iron As Wand – Step By Step Guide and Mistakes
- Some successful (A-Z) tips for How to Straighten Hair with a Flat iron
- How to Curl Hair with Flat Iron – Step by Step Guide and More